Series 4, taglined Bug Strike, is the fourth series of the franchise, which was released on December 12th, 2017. The ultra rares are the SWAT team, the special editions are the Para Crawlers, and the limited editions are Scrappy Camo.
Wave 2 of Series 4 were reported in Toys R Us stores in late April 2018, but had limited supply due to the company liquidating and closing all of its stores. The company closed in the U.S. on June 29th, 2018.
It's time to fight the bug strike!
Just when you thought things couldn't get muckier, a grotty Bug Army has struck Cheap Town. The Grossery Gang are fighting for their slimy survival. Help these filthy fighters battle the bugs! Build up your armies and get ready for some foul flinging combat against the Bug Strike! The Grossery Gang are prepared for battle and ready to take on the bugs with all new characters and all new action figures to collect! But the parachuting Para Crawlers, SWAT and Bug Brigade are all ready to strike! Collect your trashy troops and launch them into action with your Crusty Catapult and Rotten Crossbow! It's an all out war for who rules Cheap Town!
- Foot Soldiers
- Hair Force
- Para Crawlers
- Dessert Warfare
- Gravy Officers
- Stationery Officers
- Bug Brigade
- Army Preserves
- Scrappy Camo
- The series was teased in the Christmas Episode.
- This the second season to not have chocolate bars as the 2-packs, soda cans as the 4-packs, and chip bags as the 10-packs and used cardboard packaging using army crates instead of milk crates. However, the series returned to 2, 4, and 10 Grosseries, switching back from 2, 5, and 12 Grosseries from Series 3.
- Despite the toilet motif used for static images of the surprise packs, not every location uses them, with some packs being plastic army crates. This is made noticeable with the lettering of "The Trash Pack" still seen on the toilets, as they are recycled versions of the molds, possibly hinting that these toilets were last minute additions.
- This is the first series to have different icons for each of the different rarities.
- Some European editions of the 4 pack incorrectly stated that there were 2 Grosseries inside the included army crate, when there's only 1. The top-left of the packaging still correctly said that there were 4 Grosseries in total.
- Some countries, such as Mexico, appear to have skipped this series for unknown reasons.
- This is the only series in the franchise's history to not have any playsets released at all.
|Series 1 / Series 2 / Series 3 / Series 4 / Series 5|